archive

Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Mens sana in corpore sano

Something horrible happened today. Not today - some years ago now, but this is the anniversary. Happy anniversary, Jack. So I found myself raving to myself, alone, talking outloud mind you, storming and fuming and rehearsing my rage as if I'd perform it someday for an audience. Bravo! Encore! And then I came to a moment of self-awareness, and stopped, and asked myself, Why am I ranting like this? I mulled over the mystery for a bit, and then realized the date.

Who would have thought that the spirit marks the calendar. A soul is branded with pain, the scar deep as bone, and it throbs like a variable star ... a clockwork universe of anguish. Not all behaviour is hormonal, it seems.

Miserere nobis.


J

2 comments:

paul said...

may the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guard your heart.

love,
paul

Jack H said...

:-)

Thanks.


J