archive

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sound Bites

I did a little further looking, about Obama's oratory from the other day. You know, where he says we need to make sure our child can speak Spanish. Cuz it's, like, the language of economic opportunity or something I guess. I'd heard the clip on the radio, but I went to Salon for the transcript, and cut and pasted it in. Then, later, I went and listened to the clip again. I'm gonna repeat it here, verbatim, from my own transcription, rather than the sanitized version the MSM is providing.
Eh eh, I I don't understand ... when ... people are goin around worrying about, "We need to have English-only." Th-they want to pass a law, "We want just, uh, we want ... English-only." Now I agree that immigrants should learn English. I agree with that. But ... but understand this. Instead of worrying about whether ... uh, immigrants can learn English -- they'll learn English -- you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish. [applause]

Yo, it's embarrassing ... it's embarrassing when, when, uh, Eu, when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe, and and eh uh uh all weez can say is, "Merci beaucoup." [laughter]
Comes off a little different, don't it, the way he actually speaks, rather than the prettified version. Doesn't seem like he's really all that eloquent at all -- not so very well-spoken as we've been lead to believe. Turns out that the very thing that recommends him so very strongly, is no strength at all.

Can you imagine having to listen to that, for four years? Great with the teleprompter, but have him try to answer with words strung together while he's trying to think at the same time, and we have something less intelligible than George Bush's illegitimate child by Dan Quayle.

It can happen. But it will only be for four years. And the last two will be with an almost entirely Republican House and Senate. We outlasted Hitler. We can survive Obama.


J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your prediction. I hope if he wins then thats exactly what transpires. But what if GinsbergBreyerSouter retire in those first two years?
Have you given up on McCain completely and are resigned to the fact that his awful "moderateness" will be his undoing?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me...I hit the wrong button.

Jack H said...

No actual prophets reside here. The old libs on the SC will most certainly retire during an Obama Millennium. But that just means things will remain the same. Not good, but not a catastrophe. With McCain, his story is he'll appoint conservatives, so the lefties will hang on with bleeding nails. They'll have to be taken out feet first. Hm.