archive

Friday, February 24, 2012

Decline and

Prince Sirik Matak of Phnom Penh, Cambodia, to US Ambassador Dean, 12 April, 1975:
Dear Excellency and Friend,

I thank you very sincerely for your letter and for your offer to transport me towards freedom. I cannot, alas, leave in such a cowardly fashion. As for you and in particular for your great country, I never believed for a moment that you would have this sentiment of abandoning a people which has chosen liberty. You have refused us your protection and we can do nothing about it. You leave us and it is my wish that you and your country will find happiness under the sky. But mark it well that, if I shall die here on the spot and in my country that I love, it is too bad because we are all born and must die one day. I have only committed the mistake of believing in you, the Americans.

Please accept, Excellency, my dear friend, my faithful and friendly sentiments.

Sirik Matak
Obama's spiritual mentor The Reverend Jeremiah Wright famously declaimed the imprecatory prayer from his pulpit, "...God Bless America? No no no ... not God bless America, God damn America..." The Reverend no doubt had other things in mind when he so urged God, and his congregants. And I do not wish or pray for America's damnation. Anyway, seems like that slope is already being slipped on. Free citizens being required by apparatchik diktat to pay for abortions. The Reverend was right. The chickens have indeed come home to roost. May they find happiness under the sky.

America won the Vietnam War. All major objectives were achieve and ratified by the Paris Agreement of 1973. Two and a quarter years later, South Vietnam (a currently non-existent country, like Carthage or Oz) ceased to exist. While the Democrat-controlled Congress systematically worked to forsake US obligations, North Vietnam (now "Vietnam"), aided by loyal allies Red China and Soviet Russia, built up and invaded and won the peace. Could have been stopped, but pols couldn't allow it. I mean, hadn't Nixon just resigned in disgrace? Therefore we must be, um, betraying scum.

Some other time perhaps I'll notate a few of the humanitarian achievements of the North Vietnamese ethos and of the Khmer Rouge etc. Dude, it's like something they should make a movie about. You know, so it seems real. Enough for the moment to observe that after the actual war, during, you know, the peace that we lost, North Vietnam was depopulating. Rather than moving North to bombing-free Hanoi, humans headed South. There were no refugee camps in the North. Something about not living under communism seemed attractive enough to leave home and risk death.

Liberty. What a concept. Too bad us white men are the only people who truly value it ... you know what I mean ... the liberty to do as we please, regardless of honor or mercy. And after all, Evolution proves that some people are more human than others, so, uh, QED. People primitive enough to commit the mistake of believing in the Americans? God damn them.

Oh, by the way, funny story: Prince Matak was executed nine days later, four days after his capital fell to Pol Pot, who was almost as much a Leftist Hero as Che. ¡Viva!

I will never be ashamed of being white, or American, or the designee of any arbitrary birth-group. It is not some group that gives me pride. If I am proud of the goodness of this nation, I must also be ashamed of its manifest cowardice and decadence. That's all just too dang confusing. So I will not be proud, or ashamed, of the actions of others. I will judge, and approve or condemn accordingly. I will admire and praise, or otherwise, each action and responsible agent, according to its merit.

So, certainly, absolutely and utterly, God damn the 94th Congress of America. Indeed, these chickens have, mostly, gone home to roost -- gone to their own place, the ninth circle of hell, reserved for those whose nature is steeped in treachery. God damn them.


J

No comments: