archive

Monday, November 27, 2006

The Next Crusade

Ralph Peters: "The notion that continental Europeans, who are world-champion haters, will let the impoverished Muslim immigrants they confine to ghettos take over their societies and extend the caliphate from the Amalfi Coast to Amsterdam has it exactly wrong. ...

"When Europeans feel sufficiently provoked and threatened -- a few serious terrorist attacks could do it -- Europe's Muslims will be lucky just to be deported. Sound impossible? Have the Europeans become too soft for that sort of thing?" He answers: No, genocide is a European specialty.

Exactly right. Of course I would think so. I said as much in my own Oil and Semen:

"When a young man, say, ethnically French ... looks around him and sees his country not just swarming with, but coming to be controlled by, ethnic Arabs, what might you imagine his response could be? ...racism is a force sufficient to overcome any manner of malaise or torpor. ...the predictable, perhaps inevitable response -- given the template of universal experience -- is war. In this case, civil war. Racial civil war. Young men, it seems -- violent, impulsive, bigoted or idealistic young men -- do have a purpose. It isn't only 'North African youths' who can riot - and les jeunesses françaises need not tantrum only over crib-to-crypt welfare perks.... If 'ethnic cleansing' can happen in the former Yugoslavia, why not in France? Is France more civilized? I smile, sadly, and suggest that civility is not a trait for which the French are renowned. Chauvanism is a word of French origin. ...

"The Danes, the Dutch, the Germans, the Spanish, the French -- the generation being born, or that is children and teens now, will be the soldiers, the Crusaders, the heroes and monsters, the bigots and patriots of the years and decades to come. It is inimical to human nature to allow the extinction of your own way of life -- especially to an inferior one -- that is, one of repression. The solution to a problem of such magnitude is never, or rarely, found in reason and compromise. ...History is written in blood."

The "Eurabia" idea is held by Mark Steyn, who is right about everything. Yet Peters is right too. A paradox? No, just the complexity of human nature. We don't know which way it will break. But we can look at trends, and make pretty good guesses. For example, France has a population of 61 million, 5.5 million of whom voted for the hard right anti-immigration National Front party of Le Pen -- 9% of the total population, then. There are perhaps 5 million Moslems in France -- call it 8%. Hmm. Nine percent, eight percent. Hmm. Which way will it break?

The soft central third of the French population will sway with the breeze, and it just takes a few outrages to clarify one's priorities. Then the ridiculous bugaboo of expelling the illegals from America will become the European reality of expelling Moslems born in Europe. The Moors have been moving back into Spain. They can be driven out again. Whither will they go?

Peters offers a bright and beautiful reminder: "Even the newest taxi driver stumbling over his English grammar knows he can truly become an American." I love this fact. It fills me with pride. But I also remember the Naturalization Oath of Allegiance, which includes: "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any ... sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject... that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same..." One who takes this oath, and breaks it, is not just an oath-breaker, but a traitor. Almost a meaningless term, nowadays, but treason is the only crime actually defined in the Constitution. Article III, Section 3: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort." An Islamist, then, who is a citizen.

I have striven to remain fairminded. But I think I may have crossed a line. I think I may, now, be bigoted against Moslems. Not any that I might know. The group -- the faith. I'll have to observe myself, to see if this is so. It's just that the enemy is so utterly of a single group. And whereas, say, the KKK were exclusively white "Protestants," their active adversaries were also white Protestants. Our enemy is Islamism, but "moderate" Moslems are not the effective enemies of Islamism -- one might almost think they were aiders and comforters. I overstate the case, but we have been deafened by their silence in the face of continuing outrages. It's always a yes but thing with them. No. It's only a yes thing.

All faiths are welcome here. All colors, all languages, all people. But not all cultures. Cultures of death are not welcome. Whither will Europe's uneducated, racist and violent Moslems go? Please, please, please not here. Sorry if that sounds bigoted. I might be a bigot. In this instance, I will not apologize for it.



J

1 comment:

Duchess Of Austin said...

Funny you should say that. Makes me feel better, because I've noticed that about myself, too....maybe I read too many blogs on the ME. Trouble is, I have first hand experience with the Arab mind, and truly....they don't think like we do.

About anything.