archive

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Stuff

I'm finally relenting, after literally years of internet begging from my countless fans.

Here .

That's right, baby. Disco lives. Women are always blown away by my craggy beauty, so angular, so elongated. Did you enjoy my booming baritone? I'm not German, but I was big in Germany back in the day.

*****

David Shulman's sonnet, "Washington Crossing the Delaware":

A hard, howling, tossing water-scene.
Strong tide was washing hero clean.
"How cold!" Weather stings as in anger.
O Silent Night! -- shows war-ace danger!

The cold waters swashing on in rage.
Redcoats slosh in wrath! Win! Engage!
When star general's action wish'd: "Go!"
He saw his ragged continentals row.

Ah, he stands – sailor crew went going.
And so this general watches rowing.
He hastens – winter again grows cold.
A wet crew? Gain Hessian stronghold!

George can't lose war with's hands in;
He's astern – so go alight, crew, and win!


So what, you query? Every line is an anagram of the title. Pretty good. I did repunctuate it slightly for clarity of meaning. Poetic licence. And I substituted an unintelligible "Redcoats warn slow his hint engage" with "Redcoats slosh in wrath! Win! Engage" -- it's just better. I do what I want. Dude, my IQ is higher than your weight (in pounds, smartass).


*****

Sounds your kids almost certainly have never actually heard: a rotary phone dial, a typewriter, a flash bulb or cube, a TV dial, a TV sign off tone, a broken record, a record changer, a gas station bell, a cash register, a film projector, a slide projector, a film strip, a mimeograph machine.

*****


J

No comments: