archive

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Millions

Haven't been doing a lot of political reading lately. Looked at Mark Steyn just now though, and he is as always right. Speaking of Mitt, he wonders, "Why is the stump speech so awful? 'I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that’s the America millions of Americans believe in. That’s the America I love.' Mitt paid some guy to write this insipid pap. And he paid others to approve it. Not only is it bland and generic, it’s lethal to him in a way that it wouldn’t be to Gingrich or Perry or Bachmann or Paul because it plays to his caricature — as a synthetic, stage-managed hollow man of no fixed beliefs."

Indeed. It's obvious. Really really bad writing. Obama bad, in fact. The sort of thing I parody here, when the Spirit so moves me. '... our children's children, and our children's children's children, and our children's children's children's children's children ... what, did I skip one? Uh, um, er, eh, let me start again, tee hee .... We shall go forward into the bright and shining sunshiny brightness of tomorrow's glorious sunrise unto the last recorded syllable of sound and fury, signifying nothing, that our children, and our children's children, and our children's children's children's children ... what, I did it again? Well, America, the failed policies of the past 8 years, no, 11, um, no, er, uh, 11 minus my 3, which is 8, but it's not my fault...'

Mitt seems to be doing the same thing. Mitt should not be uttering the word "millions." It's like what the CIA did in Chile in the seventies ... put pictures of Allende in the newspapers, next to pigs, and garbage, and funerals ... subliminal. Mitt is a millionaire, see, and it resonates. When he says millions we automatically put my in front of it and of dollars after. You'd think some of his hirelings would be more than just yes men.

I am troubled by the field. Newt is erratic and unethical and a great juggler when he's on, but when he's not on he's on the couch next to Pelosi. A moonbase would be cool, and I'm all for it, but it's off-topic re the issues of the day. Mitt is competent, which is the beginning and the end of what we need ... but in between, we need someone who can get elected. I don't care if he flip flopped, which he didn't. To change one's mind is not a flip flop. It's a flip. I'm all for flipping, from wrong to right. Who could complain about that? Fools, partisans, hucksters, hacks ... pols and their tools. Mitt has not flip flopped. Try to tell anyone that though. Does he have a soul? Do robots dream? I don't care. Get the job done.

But for all that Mitt is caricatured as robotic, he sounds frantic when he speaks. Like a high school debater. Slow down, Mitt. And keep the rhetoric simple. I just heard that Obama's State of the Union List, I mean Address, was analysed for content and grammer, and it appears to have been perfect for 8th graders. So much for eloquence. "And then the werewolf reared up on its hideous haunches and launched itself at the black-caped vampire! 'Grrr,' it snarled, hideously!" Maybe that's too simple? But grasping for high-flung oratory is not the job of bottom-line businessmen, which is what we'd be hiring Mitt for. Don't be all things to all wo/men. Play to your strengths.

Well, there's much to be said. My dick can deadlift 120 pounds now. I'm going to get maybe two hours of sleep tonight. Are these things connected? That's for me to know. But stay tuned.


J

No comments: