archive

Friday, April 27, 2012

Dogs and Bones

I just saw something really obscene. I'm mean truly obscene. It is interesting to observe the process, of revulsion. It tells me I'm still a decent person. Sometimes I feel a little jaded. But THIS, while I can't say I'm disgusted by it, is nevertheless revolting.

Tupac, the rapper, killed several heptades ago, shot dead in a tawdry ass cap blast in Vegas, if my memory for trivia serves. I am aware of him only as a name and an incident. Yet, moldering corpse though he be, or ashes, or scat, behold, the man himself, live, rapping, dancing upon yon stage. Ce qu'est un miracle! The Zombie Apotheosis. He appears to be/have been a beautiful specimen of mothuh fuckun niggah gangstah homie hood. Big bling pectorale cross, gothic THUG LIFE abdominal tat, lowdown belt hinting at bones presently unseen. The animators got the details true to life. But to see this ghoulish display, this simulacrum of vitality, virility, well, I have said it already. It is obscene.

The other one, Snoop Dawg -- like Gene Kelly with Jerry sans Tom -- pretending to interact, not knowing quite where to look, at the scrim at the edge of the stage, or flat across, as if there were an actual someone actually there -- one lacks the words to communicate the creepiness. Woooo!

In unrelated news, vice president Joe Biden -- whom Occupant Obama once used his very best judgment to select as running mate -- allowed himself, posing in front of two American flags, to be, as with Tupac, posthumously recorded, saying the following: "I promise you -- the Occupant has a big penis. [laughter] I promise you. Really big. And hard. Believe me, I should know. It's gargantuan. Oh, did I say penis? Are you joking? I meant prick no stick. Like that Teddy Roosevelt thing I just end of quoted. Actually, the Occupant's penis is pretty normal-sized ... mine might even be a little bigger, a lot in fact, cuz it's massive. And the Occupant does not like watermelon either, we Dehmocrats don't go in for them stereotypes. Anyway, most of my hair plugs came from my pubes, that's how big mine is. They should call me Joe Bonerden. Aaah ... penises...." These zombies just can't help but be obscene. Clutching at their empty groins, deadpanning references to voodoo wood. Tocqueville was correct. America's zombies will destroy it.

The attentive reader will have noticed a subtle tilt in these pages, toward the right side of the political spectrum. It is true. Allow me for a brief moment to draw back the curtain and reveal a more serious Jack H, or rather a more straightforward one. I despise hypocrisy, injustice, and on a more vaginal I mean juvenile note, I despise unfairness. We all might be guilty of that, now and again. So, call to mind the Zimmerman 911 call that was edited down to something like: "He looks suspicious. ...He looks black." With no indication that the lefty media genius editor had cut out the 911 operator asking, "Is he black, white, Hispanic?" You see the implication.

Well, Michelle Malkin, who has a stellar reputation as a conservative pundit, has, sadly, done something like that. Thus she writes:
Environmental Protection Agency administrator Al Armendariz, an avowed greenie on leave from Southern Methodist University, gave a little-noticed speech in 2010 outlining his sadistic philosophy. "I was in a meeting once, and I gave an analogy to my staff about my philosophy of enforcement, and I think it was probably a little crude and maybe not appropriate for the meeting, but I'll go ahead and tell you what I said," he began. In a video obtained and released by Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., Armendariz then shared his bloody analogy: "It was kind of like how the Romans used to conquer little villages in the Mediterranean. They'd go into a little Turkish town somewhere, they'd find the first five guys they saw, and they would crucify them. And then you know that town was really easy to manage for the next few years. ... So, that's our general philosophy."

Echoing President Obama's "punch back twice as hard" treatment of his political enemies, Armendariz explained to his underlings that "you hit them as hard as you can, and you make examples out of them, and there is a deterrent effect there. And, companies that are smart see that, they don't want to play that game, and they decide at that point that it's time to clean up."

In other words: Suck up, fly left, or face prosecution. The goal isn't a cleaner environment. The goal is political incitement of fear.
All of that may be true. Probably is. But Malkin, or her Inhofe source (in the first instance Malkin would be dishonest, in the second irresponsible), edited out something crucial. See it? See the edit? "easy to manage for the next few years. [AND SO WE MAKE EXAMPLES OUT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THIS CASE NOT COMPLYING WITH THE LAW. FIND PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT COMPLYING WITH LAW, AND you hit them as hard as you can, and you make examples out of them. It's a deterrent thing. And companies are too smart to see that, they don't want to play that, and they decide at that point that it's time to clean up. ...] So, that's our general philosophy." (You'll find discrepancy between the overlap in our citations. I have transcribed directly from the video.)

Complying with the law. That's key. And omitted. For shame. We are a society of laws, under the rule of law. If laws are unjust, change them. If civil disobedience is felt necessary, then find that courage, or be unmanned. But of all things, we require, as conservatives, that just laws be enforced, and equally, and vigorously.

It's pretty shoddy, what was done here. Sure the beauregard is on the wrong side. But his error is clear, and no distortion need be used to demonstrate it. Do we hold ourselves, as well as that other, to a high standard? Then let it be so. The government beauregard, were he on the right side, would be appluaded and lauded by us, for his no-nonsense approach, for his decisive action, for the clarity of his message. Frankly, we need more beauregards like this, only not lefty apparachiks, but instead righteous soldiers of virtue.

But enough of this. Let's pause now to spend some more time thinking about Obama's big long hard thrusting stick.


J

No comments: