archive

Friday, November 18, 2016

Not My President

Not my country.  Not my concern.

Not my responsibility.

My planet, my environment, my diversity, my emotions, my hysteria, my student debt.

Not my bigotry, my cowardice, my fear, my hypocrisy.  Not my intolerance for intolerance.

Duty?  What's that?  Doody.  That's a funny word.  Poopie.  Hee hee.

Never fracking.  Never plastic bags.  Never Trump.

Not my gender.  Not my masculinity.  Not my penis, large, medium or small -- not whatever standard of preference applies to vaginas.  Not my chest, my breasts. Not my womb.  Not my fetus.  My anus.  My nipples.

Not up or down, yes or no, right or wrong.

No no no no no.

Me.  Only me. Mine.  Me.  Me.


J

1 comment:

bob k. mando said...

i started talking, IRL, about 'Militant Apathism' back around 2000.

mostly as a joke, but partly as an answer to hateful, controlling little busybodies who demanded that everyone else participate in their Satanic acts ... and pretend to enjoy it.

it is very disconcerting to me to see that this has actually turned out to be a winning political strategy.